Hudson Valley Senior Photographer | 2017 Prom Dress Trends
As a senior photographer with models and clients in Taconic Hills, Stissing Mountain, and Webutuck High Schools and more, I get to see some seriously gorgeous prom dresses. Lately I've been so inspired by the dresses that my Mod Squad members are trying on that I keep finding myself creating virtual prom outfits complete with accessories, bags, corsages, etc.! The trends this year are looking bold and beautiful, don't you think? Here are a few that keep popping up over and over as I look at online magazine and shop galleries. Make sure to scroll through each category!
1. Embroidery: These dresses look so painstakingly-made! Aren't they gorgeous?
2. Two-piece: These continue to be popular--such a great way to mix and match!
3. Cut-out/illusion: Designers just keep getting more and more creative with the scissors!
4. Maroons and berries: Lots of this rich and regal color out there
5. Prints: Florals, stripes, polka dots, swirls, tribal prints--you name it!
6. High/low hem: Adorable and a great way to show off your shoes!
7. Beautiful back: Perfect for the runway and the dance floor!
8. Mermaid style: Always makes you feel like a supermodel!
9. Cold shoulders: Keeps you cool when you're dancing all night!
10. Sparkles: fringe and sequins and shine--oh my!
Whew--that was a lot of dresses! I'm looking forward to the fashion I'll see this year. Keep your eyes peeled for some special prom dress photo offerings I have up my sleeve. And, as always, JenniWaka Photography is available for senior, teen, and family photography in New York's Columbia and Dutchess Counties, as well as nearby Connecticut and Massachusetts.
P.S. This post is part of a nationwide senior photographer '10-on-10' project and I'd love you to check out this awesome blog post from one of my colleagues, Alexis Fischer Photography!