Hudson Valley Senior Photographer | 2017 Prom Dress Trends
As a senior photographer with models and clients in Taconic Hills, Stissing Mountain, and Webutuck High Schools and more, I get to see some seriously gorgeous prom dresses. Lately I've been so inspired by the dresses that my Mod Squad members are trying on that I keep finding myself creating virtual prom outfits complete with accessories, bags, corsages, etc.! The trends this year are looking bold and beautiful, don't you think? Here are a few that keep popping up over and over as I look at online magazine and shop galleries. Make sure to scroll through each category!
1. Embroidery: These dresses look so painstakingly-made! Aren't they gorgeous?
Sources: Black dress Green dress White dress
2. Two-piece: These continue to be popular--such a great way to mix and match!
Sources: Blush dress Black dress Blue dress
3. Cut-out/illusion: Designers just keep getting more and more creative with the scissors!
Sources: Navy dress Red dress Black dress
4. Maroons and berries: Lots of this rich and regal color out there
Sources: Embroidered dress Sequin dress Two piece dress
5. Prints: Florals, stripes, polka dots, swirls, tribal prints--you name it!
Sources: Porcelain print dress Polka dot dress Floral dress
6. High/low hem: Adorable and a great way to show off your shoes!
Sources: Embroidered dress Cherry dress Two piece dress
7. Beautiful back: Perfect for the runway and the dance floor!
Sources: Black dress Red dress Navy dress
8. Mermaid style: Always makes you feel like a supermodel!
Sources: Floral dress Light blue dress Embroidered dress
9. Cold shoulders: Keeps you cool when you're dancing all night!
Sources: Pink dress Yellow dress Grey dress
10. Sparkles: fringe and sequins and shine--oh my!
Sources: Fringe dress Iridescent dress Sequin dress
Whew--that was a lot of dresses! I'm looking forward to the fashion I'll see this year. Keep your eyes peeled for some special prom dress photo offerings I have up my sleeve. And, as always, JenniWaka Photography is available for senior, teen, and family photography in New York's Columbia and Dutchess Counties, as well as nearby Connecticut and Massachusetts.
P.S. This post is part of a nationwide senior photographer '10-on-10' project and I'd love you to check out this awesome blog post from one of my colleagues, Alexis Fischer Photography!