As a senior photographer with models and clients in Taconic Hills, Stissing Mountain, and Webutuck High Schools and more, I get to see some seriously gorgeous prom dresses. Lately I've been so inspired by the dresses that my Mod Squad members are trying on that I keep finding myself creating virtual prom outfits complete with accessories, bags, corsages, etc.! The trends this year are looking bold and beautiful, don't you think? Here are a few that keep popping up over and over as I look at online magazine and shop galleries. Make sure to scroll through each category!
1. Embroidery: These dresses look so painstakingly-made! Aren't they gorgeous?
Sources: Black dress Green dress White dress
2. Two-piece: These continue to be popular--such a great way to mix and match!
Sources: Blush dress Black dress Blue dress
3. Cut-out/illusion: Designers just keep getting more and more creative with the scissors!
Sources: Navy dress Red dress Black dress
4. Maroons and berries: Lots of this rich and regal color out there
Sources: Embroidered dress Sequin dress Two piece dress
5. Prints: Florals, stripes, polka dots, swirls, tribal prints--you name it!
Sources: Porcelain print dress Polka dot dress Floral dress
6. High/low hem: Adorable and a great way to show off your shoes!
Sources: Embroidered dress Cherry dress Two piece dress
7. Beautiful back: Perfect for the runway and the dance floor!
Sources: Black dress Red dress Navy dress
8. Mermaid style: Always makes you feel like a supermodel!
Sources: Floral dress Light blue dress Embroidered dress
9. Cold shoulders: Keeps you cool when you're dancing all night!